and here is the little piece of fine woollen fabric - I love the way the twine acted as a resist:
And then I was inspired by some insect trails on a tree
to try a shibori type technique (I think). I used silk again and dyed it with hoop pine bark, it turned out slightly warmer and pinker than the quila.
I have some eucalypt bark in a dye bath with some silk scraps at the moment. I will leave them to sit overnight and see what they look like in the morning. I have also found tea to be a lovely effective dye. I have a feeling though that because I haven't used any heavy mordants that these colours may fade if they are subjected to lots of bright light.